There are a few situations you might want to do this, security and least privileged accounts comes to mind, as does auditability. However, you will also need to do this when your SQL server is using Windows Authentication. Otherwise youâ€™ll run into: â€œThere was an error connecting to VMware Update Managerâ€¦ Database temporarily unavailable or has network problemsâ€ when trying to enable the plugin:
Configure the VUM Service to use a Service Account
The fix is easy however. On the VUM server:
- Start > Run > Services.msc
- Select the VUM Service, right click, properties:
- Select the Log On tab, then â€œThis Accountâ€
- Give it a user & password for a user you donâ€™t mind having â€œLog on as a serviceâ€ permissions.
- Ok, and restart the service