We had a decent, if quick show last night, during with we covered VMRun/VIX, PowerCLI, and a few other things. Here are the show notes:
Here they areâ€¦ only 5 this time:
Objective 8.1 PowerCLI Notes:
- Getting started with PowerShell – http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee221100.aspx
- PowerCLI – http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/vsphere/automationtools/powercli
- Update Manager cmd-lets – http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/ps-libs/vumps/
- Halâ€™s book – http://amzn.to/g0WmPc
- Seanâ€™s PowerCLI Section – http://www.vfail.net/other-pages/powercli/
- Getting Started with PowerCLI – http://www.virtu-al.net/2009/11/10/powercli-where-do-i-start/
- My VIX section – http://vbrownbag.comm/?s=vix
- Seanâ€™s 8.1 page: http://www.vfail.net/2010/09/07/vcap-dca-objective-8-1-execute-vmware-cmdlets-and-customize-scripts-using-powercli/
Objective 8.2 Orchestrator Notes:
N/A – We didnâ€™t touch on Orchestrator this go around.s
Objective 8.3 vMA Notes:
There are any number of great resources here. Instead of covering this directly in the BrownBag, I decided to self reference a BrownBag we did in the past with Sean Crookston of vFail.net here.
- Saffa Geekâ€™s VCAP Prep page has been updated – http://thesaffageek.wordpress.com/vcap-dca-dcd/
- Sean Crookstonâ€™s VCAP-DCA page – http://www.vfail.net/vcap-dca/
- Seanâ€™s result – http://www.vfail.net/2011/01/04/and-the-vcap-dca-results-are-in/
As this particular BrownBag was short, and we didnâ€™t cover Orchestrator as well as we should have, so weâ€™ll be doing the next BrownBag specifically on Orchestrator.
As always, if youâ€™ve questions or comments, leave them here or drop a note on twitter.