Scott Lowe follows up on the Introduction to Docker by James Turnbull (@kartar http://bit.ly/vbbKartar) and shows how to use Docker on CoreOS, Docker with Heat used in OpenStack based cloud providers and wraps up using Docker on CoreOS with fleet.
You can follow Scott on Twitter @scott_lowe, and his blog http://blog.scottlowe.org/ where he blogs on several topcis including various DevOps related subjects including Git, vagrant, containers, LXC, and Docker.
Scott has provided links to several additional resources that relate to this episode.
Examples on GitHub
- – Docker and Friends – <https://github.com/lowescott/2015-vbrownbag-docker>
Resources on OpenStack Heat:
- – An Introduction to OpenStack Heat – <http://blog.scottlowe.org/201
- – Another Look at an OpenStack Heat Template – <http://blog.scottlowe.org/201
- – Deploying CoreOS on OpenStack Using Heat – <http://blog.scottlowe.org/201
Resources on CoreOS, fleet, etcd:
- – CoreOS Continued: etcd – <http://blog.scottlowe.org/2014/08/18/coreos-continued-etcd/>
- – CoreOS Continued: Fleet and Docker – <http://blog.scottlowe.org/2014/08/20/coreos-continued-fleet-and-docker/>
Resources on the Docker plug-in for Heat:
- – Installing the Docker Plugin for Heat – <http://blog.scottlowe.org/2014/07/31/installing-the-docker-plugin-for-heat/>
- – A Heat Template for Docker Containers – <http://blog.scottlowe.org/2014/08/22/a-heat-template-for-docker-containers/>
Originally published at http://vbrownbag.comm – Sign up for the live #vBrownBag broadcast at http://vbrownbag.comm/brownbags/ where you can also get updates and view our past series such as the Automate All The Things series athttp://vbrownbag.comm/vbrownbag-automate-all-the-things-training-schedule/, Cisco certification series http://vbrownbag.comm/vbrownbag-cisco-certification-track/ or the Couch to OpenStack series at http://openstack.prov12n.com/openstack_phase_1/