Rather than slides tonight, since the “lab” environment is chewing all the resources available on my box, we’ll load a few blog posts and use this as the “show notes” page.
At a high level, the steps are:
- Make a Chef Server (or have one handy anyways)
- Download the relevant cookbooks (https://github.com/rcbops/chef-cookbooks)
- Create an “environment” – This is a json file that describes the environment. It includes things such as “where are my networks” and any 3rd party plugins you might have.
- Install Chef-Client on the nodes
- Assign the nodes to an environment.
- Run Chef-Client
These first links show “how to do it”