A bit different than the last time around where all manner of things needed to be adjusted to use the Rackspace Private Cloud Dsitro. Specifically, to get going, you need to follow these steps:
- Download the distro form here.
- While that takeâ€™s itâ€™s sweet time, spend a moment to look over the getting started guides.
- Youâ€™ll also want to find out what your NAT network is in Fusion.
- Open a terminal
- run â€˜ifconfig vmnet8â€™ | grep inet
$ ifconfig vmnet8 | grep inet
inet 172.16.211.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 172.16.211.255
- Create a new VM
- Select the ISO
- On this screen, change the setting to VMware ESXi 5:
- Boot the VM
- During the install, you will be prompted for an IP address, use the information you gathered in step 3.2:
- Also, your gateway will be the xxx.xxx.xxx.2 address, as will be your name server:
- Fill out the rest of the forms, then, grab a coffee, this next part can take a whileâ€¦
- Finally, done:
I do indeed work for Rackspace, however, this post was not prompted, encouraged, sponsored, or otherwise influenced by my corporate overlords. It is rather the method I use to get a quick install going in a â€œportable labâ€ style setup.