Welcome back my friends to the show that never endsâ€¦
On this weekâ€™s BrowBag weâ€™re giving away yet another VCAP-DCA voucher. As we talked about before, round 2 will be a live lab. What do I mean? The first person who meets these two requirements by Tuesday, February 15, 2011:
- Has a workable solution to the following lab
- Is willing to present said solution at a BrownBag (We can record at a time that works well for you).
Your company has purchased 3 servers and an iSCSI SAN as an additional production cluster. As administrator you must complete the following tasks:
- Configure the hosts for availability and resource distribution
- Enable future growth for the hosts
- Enable power savings
- Ensure the configuration of all hosts is consistent and auditable
- Configure iSCSI to support production work loads
- In addition to iSCSI, you must also support an HA Web network segment
Things to keep in mind:
This environment will support production virtual machines. Ensuring redundant paths and minimizing single points of failure is critical.
Weâ€™re not insensitive to the fact that not every home lab will be able to support this. However, with a powerful workstation & VMware Workstation (or Fusion), you should be able to give this a go.
Please send your answers along to email@example.com. The format will be more or less a textual description (or screenshots if youâ€™re so inclined) of what you would tell the person on the other side of a support call.
Tuesday, FebruaryÂ 15, 2011 @ 8PM CST
Enable EVC on a Cluster:
- Open the vSphere Client
- Locate your Cluster
- Right Click, Edit Settings
- VMware EVC
- And so onâ€¦
The voucher will be good for 50% off your VMware VCAP-DCA exam if taken on or before March 31, 2011.