Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends…
On this week’s BrowBag we’re giving away yet another VCAP-DCA voucher. As we talked about before, round 2 will be a live lab. What do I mean? The first person who meets these two requirements by Tuesday, February 15, 2011:
- Has a workable solution to the following lab
- Is willing to present said solution at a BrownBag (We can record at a time that works well for you).
Your company has purchased 3 servers and an iSCSI SAN as an additional production cluster. As administrator you must complete the following tasks:
- Configure the hosts for availability and resource distribution
- Enable future growth for the hosts
- Enable power savings
- Ensure the configuration of all hosts is consistent and auditable
- Configure iSCSI to support production work loads
- In addition to iSCSI, you must also support an HA Web network segment
Things to keep in mind:
This environment will support production virtual machines. Ensuring redundant paths and minimizing single points of failure is critical.
We’re not insensitive to the fact that not every home lab will be able to support this. However, with a powerful workstation & VMware Workstation (or Fusion), you should be able to give this a go.
Please send your answers along to email@example.com. The format will be more or less a textual description (or screenshots if you’re so inclined) of what you would tell the person on the other side of a support call.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 @ 8PM CST
Enable EVC on a Cluster:
- Open the vSphere Client
- Locate your Cluster
- Right Click, Edit Settings
- VMware EVC
- And so on…
The voucher will be good for 50% off your VMware VCAP-DCA exam if taken on or before March 31, 2011.