I was trying to avoid this post, but alas, a little shameless self promotion canâ€™t hurt.
VMware this year has decided to put a multitude of the sessions submitted during the CFP up for a vote, and I must say, there are plenty of good sessions up there. So even if Iâ€™m not your favorite, I still encourage you to get out and vote for the sessions you want to see at VMworld this year.
- Ask the vExperts
Abstract: "The Traditional panel of leading Virtualization experts who will be quizzed and squeezed for their knowledge. There will be 4 to 5 panelists and a moderator to lead the session and questions will be asked from the floor. The format will be free flowing and any virtualization topic will be covered. As per the successful panel as VMworld 2009, requests for questions will be issued prior to the conference to enable fillers during quiet times. Not all personal will be at both conferences"
Track: Technology and Architecture
Speaker: Cody Bunch / Tom Howarth
- Brownbag VCDX and VCP
Session Id: V17958
Abstract: The Brown Bag series, are an online VCP and VCDX study group providing support, advise and guidance to those on the journey. each session has a specific focus on a topic from either the Design exam or Enterprise exam blueprints.
Track: Virtualization 101
Speaker: Cody Bunch / Tom Howarth
- Understanding and addressing the security and compliance challenges for the private cloud
Session Id: SE8041
Abstract: "In this panel, Cody Bunch, vExpert and prominent blogger with ProfessionalVMware.com will moderate a discussion about the business impact of virtualization security and compliance for the private cloud. HyTrust, Altor, and Symantec will participate as panelists to address relevant topics ranging from platform controls for ESX to guest-level security. The panel will be targeted at senior-level IT executives and architects that want to understand more about virtualization as well as the security and compliance challenges introduced by this new datacenter technology. The panel will look at various aspects that need to be considered when virtualizing Tier 1 application, especially those that are subject to regulatory compliance. The panel will also discuss various best practices aimed at addressing the needs. These best practices will include organizational, operational and technical approaches to securing the virtual infrastructure."
Track: Private Cloud – Security
Speaker: Amir Ben-Efraim Company: Altor Networks
Other Recommended Sessions:
Here are some of the sessions I voted for. These are all put on by strong experts in the field, and on some excellent topics. Iâ€™ll break these out by track:
- Jon Hallâ€™s – VMware Certified Advanced Professional Certifications Are Here
- Eric Siebertâ€™s – Deep Dive on Virtualization – How stuff works in virtualization
Technology & Architecture:
- Luc Dekensâ€™ – PowerCLI is for administrators!
- Irfan Ahmadâ€™s – Tech Preview: Storage DRS
- Scott Loweâ€™s – Virtual Storage and VMware vSphere: Best Practices and Design Considerations
- Nick Weaverâ€™s – Network Segmentation in a Virtualized Environment Ã± Best Practices and Approaches
- John Arrasjidâ€™s – Ask the vExperts
- Eddie Blackwellâ€™s – View 4 & ThinApp: Defense In-depth Against Malware, Viruses, & Rootkits
- Ken Clineâ€™s – Spectacular failures, the top reasons why desktop virtualization projects wind up in the recycle bi…
- Yavor Boychevâ€™s – PowerCLI & Onyx
- Scott Drummondsâ€™ – Crossing the Performance Barrier
- Duncan Eppingâ€™s – Planning and Designing an HA Cluster That Maximizes VM Uptime
- Gabrie van Zantenâ€™s – Disaster Recovery the Dutch way: Cheap
- Scott Heroldâ€™s – Backing Up Your Virtual Environment, Best Practices
- Maish Saidel-Keesingâ€™s – vCenter Migration – It’s a Snap with POWERCLI
- Ravi Soundararajanâ€™s – vCenter Best Practices
Hybrid / Public Cloud
- Steve Jinâ€™s – Building Do-It-Yourself PaaS Platform