I had a friend ping me the other day with something along the lines of:
“OMG VDI with View is hard!”
For said friend, IT isn’t his day job, but alas, the business had a need and he needed an answer. Myself, I’m not as familiar with View as I could be, and thus reached out to the Twitter verse to see what the best resources for “Noobs” are:
Here is what we came up with in no particular order:
- *Update 1/20/11* Network Cowboy View Guides – Here
- *New* Technical & infrastructure for View – http://myvirtualcloud.net/
- VMware View Resources Page – VMware
- VMware View Best Practices – VMware KB
- VMware View 4.5 Guide – Mike Laverick
- VMware vSphere Pro Series Vol 1 – TrainSignal
- Make an all-in-one vCO Dev Server – vCO Team
- VMware View Eval Guide – VMware
- vSphere Eval Guide – VMware
- View AntiVirus Deployment – VMware
7 thoughts on “VMware View for Noobs (A Collection of Resources)”
Great list. Noobs should also find some useful stuff on the Resources page for View here:
although some of this might be useful as noobs start to dive deeper into the solution.
Thanks Chris! Added this to the list.
Cody, if looking for more technical info and great amount of of infrastructure design you should look at my blog myvirtualcloud.net. Mostly VDI and mostly VMware View.
Post has been updated. Thanks!
Various ‘gotchas’ around View that I’ve come across are listed here. Good to have since some of the admin guides don’t address or are too generic.
What about Project VRC and/or VDI Smackdown resources?!
Comments are closed.