Found this on Roger Lund’s site
It seems that Edward L. Haletky has put together a wiki site with essential books and references for VMware Professionals. It’s pretty light so far, but he’s got an area for suggestions.
* Edward L. Haletky. VMware ESX Server in the Enterprise: Planning and Securing Virtualization Servers. Prentice Hall PTR; 1 edition (January 8, 2008). Available from InformIT.com (eBook Version)
* Ron Oglesby, Scott Herold, Mike Laverick. VMware Infrastructure 3: Advanced Technical Design Guide & Advanced Operations Guide. The Brian Madden Company; Second edition edition (August 1, 2008).
* John Arrasjid, Karthik Balachandran, Daniel Conde, Gary Lamb, and Steve Kaplan. #18: Deploying the VMware Infrastructure. USENIX Association; 2008.
* David Marshall, Stephen S. Beaver, Jason McCarty. VMware ESX Essentials in the Virtual Data Center. Auerbach Publications; 1 edition (August 25, 2008).
* Mitch Northcut. RapidApp’s Quick Start guide to ESX 3.0. Rapid Application Deployment Inc. 2007.