Thanks everyone for coming along last night. To recap, we:
- Used git to clone the Couch to OpenStack repo
- Used Vagrant to stand up the ‘controller’, ‘compute’, and ‘Cinder’ VMs
- Used the Vagrant shell provisioner to install
- Ubuntu Grizzly repos
- Setup .stackrc with environment variables
- Discussed the OpenStack Block Storage services
- Deployed an Ubuntu instance via Nova and mounted storage to it via Cinder
For those that missed it but are playing along at home, here are the resources:
Google Plus Community
Video: Couch to OpenStack – Cinder
#vBrownBag Couch to OpenStack – Cinder Storage with Trevor Roberts Jr. (@VMTrooper) from ProfessionalVMware on Vimeo.
Slides: Couch to OpenStack – Cinder
You can find this and all previous episodes on iTunes and your favorite RSS reader. If you are not registered for the live show yet, you can do so here!